Thursday 5 June 2014

Development Ideas

For our assignment, we were asked to create a short stop motion TV ident, these are small adverts that distinguish what specific channel you are on, the more recognisable idents would be the BBC ads and their circle imagery.


We were allowed to create idents for whatever channel we like, this would include Youtube channels and if we do not like any of the options then we are also allowed to create our channel and provide and ident for that. Being a huge fan of gaming, I decided to do an ident based on games. These are the options that I decided on.

1. A stop motion animation in which hands would create a television out of pieces of paper and card, video footage of games would then be provided to make it appear as though the paper TV had turned itself on and started broadcasting gaming footage.

2. A stop motion animation of different statues and toys based on characters from games, I felt that this would look rather silly and would not suit the style that I wanted.

3. I wanted a full Flash animation based on gaming involving multiple gaming characters coming together and standing in front of the logo for the channel, I originally enjoyed the thought of this but I decided against using this as it was not properly using stop motion and relied entirely on regular animation, the time used to make this would also be far too long for me to cope with.

4. A stop motion of photographs of video games interacting with one another, this means a character in one photo would stretch out his arm and shake hands with a character from another photograph. This would take a lot of time and would also cost me a lot of printing paper, also ruling out this option.

5. A very simple stop motion animation of video game cases slowly moving around the screen, using stop motion I can create the feeling that these cases were slowly moving around and acting as a border for the logo. This was far too simple and I decided to leave this option.

I decided to stick with the original idea as it felt like it would be interesting to work with both animation, stop motion and the use of actual film editing to insert the gaming footage, I felt that it could take a fair amount of time but the experimentation in the different mediums would be well worth the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment